Second presidential debate will be virtual, Trump says he won't participate

Gage Skidmore Follow Donald Trump by Gage Skidmore is licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0

The second presidential debate between President Trump and Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden will be virtual, the Commission for Presidential Debates announced early Thursday morning.

The change comes after President Trump tested positive for the coronavirus late last week. However, Trump was quick Thursday morning to say he would not participate in a virtual debate.

"I'm not going to waste my time on a virtual debate. It’s not what debating is all about," Trump reportedly said on the Fox Business Channel. "It’s ridiculous."

The commission, citing a need to "protect the health and safety of all involved," says the event will be a town hall style meeting with Trump and Biden participating from remote locations.

Gage Skidmore Follow Donald Trump by Gage Skidmore is licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0